Serving the children of our community with loving attention in a Christian environment, WCWM is in session during the school year (August through May) and in the summer as well for children 6 weeks to 12 years of age. There is separate registration for the summer and the school year. We would love for you to call to set up a tour so that you can learn more about our program!
Call us at 770-979-9676 ext 228
About the Before and After Care (BASC) Program for Elementary Children
We serve the South Gwinnett community with a sliding scale, income-based Before and After Care Program for elementary and 6th grade children. We transport to and from Britt, Rosebud and Magill Elementary schools. Please contact us about South Gwinnett cluster middle schools. All children are welcome without regard to race, creed or color.
About the Westminster Preschool Program
We offer a Christian based half -day Preschool program and optional Before and After Care for children age 6 weeks though 4 years old. At Westminster Preschool, we believe every child is a precious gift from God. We are committed to providing a program that will help prepare your child for life’s journey. Through enriching educational experiences in early childhood, your child will be empowered to reach his or her full potential as an adult.
Westminster Preschool is a nonprofit outreach program of Westminster Presbyterian Church (USA). Our curriculum is designed to provide a high quality program of early childhood education, in a secure, nurturing Christian environment.
A Qualified Staff and a Quality Curriculum
Westminster Preschool is staffed by experienced teachers who set a Christian example and take a positive approach to discipline. All teachers are certified in CPR and First Aid, and they keep their skills current by attending continuing education programs throughout the school year.
Our curriculum is specifically designed to meet your child’s social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual needs. Classroom structure is based on the learning center concept as outlined by Creative Curriculum. A variety of resources are used to supplement our academic program, thus providing each child with a solid foundation of early learning skills. At Westminster Preschool, the following skills are emphasized:
Infants, Toddlers & Two-year-olds
- Toddlers and Two’s are encouraged to learn through their own experience, trial and error, repetition, imitation and identification.
- Teachers guide and encourage learning by ensuring that the environment is physically safe and emotionally supportive.
- We offer inviting classrooms, which encourage play, exploration and freedom of movement.
- Positive interactions with Teachers and classmates are emphasized as an essential contribution to the quality of the child’s learning experiences.
Three, Four & Five-year-olds
- Development of large and fine motor skills.
- Academic skills including pre-reading, pre-writing, science and math concepts.
- Music, movement and art.
- Creative thinking and reasoning.
- Building confidence.
- Conflict resolution.
- Creating positive relationships with others.
- A growing knowledge of God’s love and the teachings of Jesus.
Westminster Preschool opens and closes along with Gwinnett County Schools. Throughout the school year, we follow the Gwinnett County School calendar, with a few minor exceptions. Before and After Care is also available for all ages if you need additional hours of care beyond 9:30 am – 1:30 pm.