The members of the Session, along with the congregation of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Snellville, Georgia, state our Core Beliefs in the following document. These guide our body of believers and help to identify our mission as a church. By the leading of the Holy Spirit and through much prayerful consideration, we affirm the following:
- We believe in the triune God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), Who created all things, has infinite knowledge, is all-powerful, incorruptible, and omnipresent. Therefore, we are called to glorify God and have fellowship with Him.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, as the Son of God, is Lord of all and the only way to salvation. Therefore, we experience a personal relationship with God and share the good news of God’s love with others.
- We believe that we are all sinners in need of forgiveness. It is by God’s grace and through the conviction of the Holy Spirit that we repent of our sins and accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. Therefore, we are to love and forgive one another as Jesus Christ loves and forgives us.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is Comforter, Teacher, Counselor, and the Empowering Presence of the Church. Therefore, it is God the Holy Spirit who cultivates Godly character in us, changing us to be the people God intends us to be.
- We believe in the infallible authority of God’s Holy Scriptures as revealed by the Holy Spirit to the Church. We look to Scripture to receive guidance in our daily lives, recognizing that no Christian has a monopoly on understanding Scripture. Therefore, God wills understanding and patience within the church family as we all seek the Truth.
- We believe God created us in His image, as male and female, and that He created human sexuality as a gift to us. We affirm that the Scriptures and the historic confessions of the Church call for chastity outside the marriage and faithfulness within the covenant of marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that God calls us to be faithful stewards of all His resources. Therefore, it is our responsibility and privilege to honor Him with time, talents, and money entrusted to us by God.
- We believe in the power of prayer to God and to Him alone. Through prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we offer up our praises, desires, and intercessions to God. We confess our sins and give grateful thanks for God’s mercies.
- We believe we are called to uphold the Church as established by Jesus Christ, to be a personal witness and disciple for Him, and to extend the Kingdom of God.
- We believe the Christian life is defined by God’s grace made visible in the sacraments of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
In conclusion, we see our congregation as a family transformed by God’s grace from strangers into brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ. As disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, we gather to worship, learn, and share our God-given gifts and talents. We proclaim God’s Kingdom through mission and service. We hope all who enter this fellowship of believers will find comfort, shelter, and salvation through Jesus Christ.